Saturday, November 12, 2011

New Pieces at Etsy

I have been making dolls for a long time; and the face is one my favorite steps. It is like making a little personality come to life. This week I was inspired by the idea of a cameo. I thought, why not make doll face jewelry. I wanted to share the process of creating my wearables for etsy : Enchanted Revolution



After sculpting the faces from polymer clay they go in the oven for 15 minutes at 275 degrees F. Here they are all ready for painting!



First I use a wash of white acrylic several times so the paint does not look cakey.


Adding in features


Eye and lip details


What big eyes you have!


Face details


Painting process almost complete


Several painted


Here are the finished product photos!









Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment