Hello! I wanted to share this Lolita style mini hat tutorial.
I made this one for my dear friend Michele for Christmas!
Here is what you need:
- Pattern seen below
- chalk or marker
- Card stock ( I used cereal a box)
- 2 to 3 sheets of felt
- Needle and Thread
- Ribbon, trim, lace, buttons or any other decorations want to use
- Cut pattern out and lay on cardboard
- Trace out pattern with pen on cardboard and cut out
- Lay cutouts on felt and leave about 1/8 inch seam allowance
- Assemble pieces as shown below with hot glue or craft glue
(allow dry tine if using craft glue)
- Sew seems shut and decorate with ribbons jewelry or other fabrics.
I used lace over one of my pieces of felt.
- To attach hat you can sew or glue on a clip or sew on some
wax cord around the inner part of the brim for bobby pins.
All decorated and ready to be boxed up as a gift!
Here is what it will look like on! :)
Hope you enjoyed this tutorial. Thanks for reading!