Friday, December 23, 2011

DYI Mini Top Hat

Hello! I wanted to share this Lolita style mini hat tutorial. 
I made this one for my dear friend Michele for Christmas!

                                       
Here is what you need: 

- Pattern seen below
-Pen
- chalk or marker 
- Card stock ( I used cereal a box)
- 2 to 3 sheets of  felt 
- Scissors
- Needle and Thread
- Ribbon, trim, lace, buttons or any other decorations want to use



Instructions:

- Cut pattern out and lay on cardboard
- Trace out pattern with pen on cardboard and cut out 
- Lay cutouts on felt and leave about 1/8 inch seam allowance
- Assemble pieces as shown below with hot glue or craft glue 
(allow dry tine if using craft glue)
- Sew seems shut and decorate with ribbons jewelry or other fabrics.
I used lace over one of my pieces of felt.
- To attach hat you can sew or glue on a clip or sew on some 
wax cord around the inner part of the brim for bobby pins.


All decorated and ready to be boxed up as a gift!


Here is what it will look like on! :)



Hope you enjoyed this tutorial. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment